- Before using BimPoint WebApi, you need to have an account with us and having projects; If you don't have or you want a demo, please contact us https://www.bim-point.com/contact ;
- Once you have an account, you should be able to create account and setup permissions, which limit the scope of what can be done via webapi;
- You can either generate a Refresh Token for your dev team o forr thirty team or for third parties ( Recommended) Or or you can provide to them a username and password
You have total control over your data; Developers can do only whatever what you allow them to do via the WebApi; Make sure you setup properly user rights of the user, which will be used in WebApi to avoid any unpleasant surprise
The most probable activity you will be doing is to search searching for an IfcItem; Before being able to search for for ifcitems of a project, you need to understand the structure of each ifcitem.
- A project is made of one or multiple ifc files http://www.buildingsmart-tech.org/specifications/ifc-overview
- Each Ifc File is made of several Objects with different types, which we call in our application : IfcItem
- Each IfcItem has common properties such as Id, Label, Name , GlobalId and Type.
- Each IfcItem has a set of various properties;
- Each property is characterized by Key, Name, Category and ValueType
- In BimPoint, Each IfcItem can have two differents kind different kinds of set of properties
- READONLY properties ; these are properties extracted from Ifc File and their keys start with "pXXXX", ie p2, p3
- READWRITE properties; these properties are user properties defined by user in our system; their keys start with "upXXXX" i.e up1, up252
Before searching, it is good to now know all IfcItem Property categories; they don't change very often so you can cache them in your own database.